I have been providing private singing lessons to singers and bands since 2002 – including lead singers of bands, backing vocalists and solo artists – in Devon, Somerset and East Sussex. In September 2016 I relocated to Petersfield, Hampshire and continue to offer lessons there.
Recent students include:
- Acoustic singer/songwriters looking to improve technique and confidence
- Professional Musicians looking to improve confidence for backing and lead vocals
- Professional Actors needing to improve singing skills for improvisation work
- Cruise ship singers wanting to improve technique
- Guitarist and classically trained Singer wanting to learn Rock and Metal techniques to sing in a Prog Metal band
- Children wanting to start at Stage School whose parents want them to have a bit of confidence building prior to joining
- Children and adults who have auditions coming up for professional productions
- A wide range of people who have never sung before but always wanted to see if they can. Working on everything from Folk to Musical Theatre, for confidence building and personal enjoyment.
Head of Music at Shana Goldman’s Stage School, Hove, providing singing lessons for different age groups ranging from 5 to 18 and working with them towards Exams, Shows and Showcases. I also offered private lessons to students, including coaching for West End auditions. (Apr 07 – Jul 10)
Vocal Tutor for the BTEC Music Practice at Central Sussex Sixth Form College in Haywards Heath. I taught all Vocal classes, Live Performance Workshops, Vocalist Theory, Sight Singing and Keyboard Skills. Together with the course leader, I wrote and designed the course content. (Sept 07 – Jun 09)
Assessor for new students auditioning for Vocal courses at Brighton Institute of Modern Music. I also covered classes when staff were away on tour, in the studio or off sick. (Sept 07 – Jun 09)